CR7 to 007: Cristiano Ronaldo seeks acting gig after hanging boots

CRISTIANO RONALDO has revealed he wants to make a sensational move into acting when he retires from football.
The Real Madrid ace, 31, got a taste of the Hollywood lifestyle when he starred in the movie ‘Ronaldo’ last year — a documentary about himself.
Speaking to Portuguese fashion magazine Sacoor Brothers, he said: “I would like to learn being surrounded by good actors because only then will I learn since it is an area I do not control because it has nothing to do with football.


“Why not? It’s not my goal at the moment, but I have had some invitations.
“Do not close the doors because it is an area which I like.”
Ronaldo has scored 34 goals in 32 club appearances this season for Real.

And he admitted he still has enough gas left in the tank to carry on playing football.
He added: “I feel good, I feel young, so I want to continue.”
The likes of Vinnie Jones and Eric Cantona have starred in films since calling an end to their footballing careers.

Former Wimbledon midfielder Jones got his big break in Guy Ritchie’s ‘Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels’, before going on to feature in Ritchie’s ‘Snatch’ and Brett Ratner’s ‘X-Men’.
He transferred his hard-man persona from the pitch onto the set, notorious for his roles as gangsters and villains.
And Manchester United legend Eric Cantona went on to star in several films including in Ken Loach’s ‘Looking for Eric’ in 2009 in which he played himself.

(The Sun) 

Comments