Akpabio back in EFCC custody

Senate Minority Leader and  former Governor of Akwa Ibom State, Chief Godswill Akpabio, returned to the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission on, EFCC, for more questioning after he was allowed to go home Friday night.
The Anchor Online's findings revealed that the former Governor arrived the EFCC office in Wuse II at 11.45 am on Saturday. Those with him on arrival included his counsel, Riky Tarfa, SAN, some aides very close allies.

Shortly after his arrival, Senator Akpabio was taken away from his counsel and moved to the Interrogation Room. As of the time of filing the report, he was still being interrogated. Though there are feelers that he might be allowed to go home, his questioning might take the better part of the day, according to sources who pleaded anonymity.
While speaking on his invitation by the EFCC on Friday, Akpabio had stated that “a young lawyer from my state has been petitioning the EFCC accusing me of corruption. So shortly before I got involved in an accident in August, the EFCC summoned me to come and respond to the allegations. But following the accident, I wasn’t well enough to honour the EFCC summon. And I let them know. So today, since I’m now well, and the Senate did not sit, I decided to honour the EFCC so as to answer questions concerning the allegations against me. I wasn’t arrested. I walked in there myself and now I’m back at home. The EFCC operatives were professional. They asked questions, and I answered.”


Follow @DAnchoronline on Twitter

Comments