My Fiance is a Good Guy But I’ve Fallen in Love With The Hunk Living Next Door


DEAR DEIDRE
: I’M engaged to be married to a good guy but I’ve fallen in love with the man living next door.

He is dreamy to look at and makes me feel totally sexy in bed, though that’s just happened once — so far.

I’m 26 and my partner is 28. He’s a good-hearted, hard-working man and I’ve been with him for nearly six years.

I was blissfully happy at first but I’m now bored.

He never tries to seduce me these days. He just says, “Get your top off” when he’s in the mood. We’re mainly like house-mates.

The guy I’m in love with moved into our street back in March.

He’s recently divorced and he lives on his own, apart from his lovely big dog.

I accepted a parcel for him and he called round to get it that night.

My partner was down the pub but our new neighbour stopped for a chat and I poured him a beer.

It’s been a long time since a hot-looking man took an interest in me. 

He was under my feet all the time so I made sure I went out for a walk every day.

I’d often bump into our neighbour out walking his dog.

Soon he was sending me texts to say when he was leaving the house and I’d go for a walk at the same time.

He’s 33 and he’s not like my husband at all.

He owns his own web design firm and he’s a get-up-and-go sort of guy, while my partner would much rather have a long lie-in in bed.

My neighbour suggested I sneak into his house for a coffee one day and we went for a quickie upstairs. It was out of this world.

Life is easier now lockdown has eased but my dilemma is the same.

I love my fiancé so much but the shine has come off and I feel really stuck.


DEIDRE SAYS: Sneaking in next door to have sex was risky behaviour. 

But the main problem is that your relationship is at a tipping point.

You’ve not mentioned children so I’m guessing there’s only you and your fiancé to consider – and what’s on offer next door.

I’m sure your new neighbour loved having a quickie with you but it could be that he’s simply enjoying his freedom again.

It doesn’t mean he’s ready to get into another relationship.

Be careful you don’t throw away what you value the most.

Have a talk with your fiancé. Tell him you need more romance to refresh your relationship and more subtle approaches.

My e-leaflet, 50 Ways To Add Fun To Sex, gives you lots of ideas.

Avoid your neighbour, meanwhile. If you decide to break off your engagement, then you can see what’s really on offer next door.


Credits: Deidre Sanders

             The Sun

Comments