"No Cause For Alarm", Taye Currency Debunks Rumours of Ill Health


Ibadan-born Fuji star, Alhaji Taiye Akande Adebisi (a.k.a Taye Currency), on Wednesday dispelled rumours making the rounds that he slumped while performing on stage in London, England.

Prince Tope Eluyefa, Media Consultant to the musician, spoke with newsmen on Wednesday in Ibadan shortly after a telephone conversation with the Fuji star.

Prince Eluyefa said Currency was saddened by the news being circulated on social media, describing it as unfounded, untrue and misleading.

He disclosed that the popular musician was surprised as people started calling him over the rumour.

Currency, who affirmed that most of his shows are streamed live and connected to all social media handles of his friends pointed out that there was no time he collapsed or was rushed to the hospital.

“I want to inform my people all over the world and most especially my fans in Nigeria, family and friends at home that I am hale, hearty and strong. The writer is only doing the bidding of my detractors. All glory to Allah.  I have been busy with my job all around the world and not just busy but profitably busy.

“My people should calm down and I am on the street of London doing early morning exercise, no cause for alarm but I believe verification and balance of story is important in news reportage, this is not the time to be reporting hearsays. We need more prayers in Nigeria so that our situations can be better and I am fasting here too.”

Meanwhile, sources have confirmed that due to the weather condition in England, the musician actually had catarrh recently but he is fine. Ayo Jamiu, a music promoter who was with Alhaji Taye Currency in his London-home averred that maybe it was mistaken for an illness by one of his fans he spoke with in Nigeria and a news story was developed from that angle.



Comments