I Want to Buy a House With My Boyfriend But He Hasn’t Saved a Penny




DEAR DEIDRE
: WE are desperately trying to save for a house but my boyfriend is insisting we go on a ­holiday we can’t afford. 

We both work. His job pays lots more than mine yet I have saved a lot and he hasn’t saved anything. I am 27 and he is 29.
He is now saying we must go on an exciting holiday this year “to make up for all the bad times”. I can’t get through to him that he needs to get his priorities right.

When I said we couldn’t afford to go on holiday he said I’m ­boring and he will go away with mates if I won’t go with him. We’ll never buy a home at this rate.

DEIDRE SAYS: This isn’t just about a house but about commitment to what sort of life you want together.
Tell your boyfriend you need a serious talk. Maybe he loves you deeply but isn’t ready to knuckle down to life’s hard choices.
You may have to decide what matters most as you can’t force him to change, though he may if he realises he risks losing you.


Credits: The Sun 
                Deidre Sanders 

Comments