My boyfriend is struggling to cope with my sexual past


DEAR DEIDRE: DESPITE me always being faithful to my boyfriend he is struggling to cope with my past. I don’t want to lose him because of the thoughts in his head.
We’ve been together for two years and have the best relationship imaginable.
The only trouble is that I had sex with a lot of people before we met.
I’m 31 and he’s 28. He says he can’t stop thinking about my past and has vivid images of me with other men.

He’s upset that he’s thinking like this and he’s also upset that he missed out on doing the same.
Sometimes he thinks it would be easier not to be with me.
I try to understand his feelings but it upsets me.

DEIDRE SAYS: I bet it does. Your past is part of the person you are and the person he loves.
You’ve been honest with him and he’s had long enough to decide what he wants.
Tell him that if loving you can’t overcome his fear of missing out then you’re not right for him and he isn’t the right man for you.
That might give him the wake-up call that he needs.

Credits: Deidre Sanders
The Sun

Comments