Should I tell my partner that I don’t want a family while she’s still fertile?

DEAR DEIDRE: I SHARE a flat with the girlfriend I love. We have been together for four years.
She makes it very clear she expects us to get engaged and then married and to have a family one day.

I am not sure about this at all. I love a peaceful life, plenty of spare time and enough money to do what I want, such as travel.
I do realise that age is an issue for women wanting a baby because they become less fertile. She is now 27, I am 29. I don’t know whether to say something to her now or to think about it some more and, if so, for how long.

DEIDRE SAYS: Talk to your girlfriend now. She needs to know where she stands and the last thing you need is for her to announce she is pregnant one day.
Are you not ready or are there reasons, like an unhappy childhood, which could put you off long-term? In that case read my e-leaflet How Counselling Helps.

Credits: Deidre Sanders 
The Sun 

Comments