My ex’s mum loves to boast about her perfect son — but she has no idea he abused me


DEAR DEIDRE: WHEN I see my ex’s mum she always says how wonderful her son is and I want to scream that he was a violent, abusive partner.
My ex first hit me when I was pregnant. My son is seven years old now and I left when he was three.
My ex was always sorry the next day but he hit me in front of my son one time and that was the final straw. I walked out. I am 26.

My son is a happy little boy and I have stayed in the same area so that he can see his dad once a month, but it means I sometimes run into my ex’s mum.
I don’t say anything but inside I feel so angry. Do I tell her the truth, or avoid her?

DEIDRE SAYS: I suspect it is defensiveness on her part that makes her big him up but saying anything could trigger a reaction that could be damaging for your son. Best not risk it.
You know she’s talking rubbish and your ex knows what he did so just let it roll off your back if you can’t avoid her.
Are you sure it is in your son’s best interests to see his violent dad? Talk it over at familylives.org.uk.

Credits: The Sun
Deidre Sanders

Comments