My boyfriend’s laziness stops him from sticking with any job and I’m tired of supporting him


DEAR DEIDRE: LAZINESS stops my boyfriend sticking with any job.
We have been together for 14 months and the longest he has been in work is six weeks.
I am 22 with a steady job and find myself spending a lot of money on him for everyday things as well date nights.

He is 23 and I am tired of supporting him financially at his age. His family are fed up with him too.
It is fast becoming obvious he can’t be bothered to work. I love him but when I bring it up and beg him to stay in work, he tells me to stop going on.

DEIDRE SAYS: Tell him you will not continue to support him while he is not bothered to work.
Give him two months to find a job and insist he must not leave one job unless he has another to go to.
Make that a deal-breaker. If he will not agree, your relationship cannot last much longer . . . unless you want to sign up to a lifetime of him sponging off you.


Credits: Deidre Sanders
The Sun

Comments