My boyfriend is so possessive he won’t allow me to go out on my own


DEAR DEIDRE: MY boyfriend is so possessive he doesn’t allow me to go out on my own.
I am 21, he’s 29 and I love him very much and want to make it work. We have been dating for a year. He’s fine so long as I don’t cross him.
I enjoy his company but he gets irritated if I want to go shopping with friends or to the cinema. I often make up excuses to my friends as to why I can’t go out with them.
If I dig my heels in and tell him I am going, I have a nice time, but I know he will be in a mood when I get home.

DEIDRE SAYS: The more you let him control you, the tighter he will pull the reins.
His possessiveness stems not from what you are doing, but from his own insecurity and fears.
Tell him he has to change or lose you – and mean it, or you will end up a prisoner with your self-esteem shot to pieces.
My e-leaflet Coping With Jealousy will help you both. 

Credits: Deidre Sanders
The Sun

Comments

  1. My baby daddy snoops on me all the time. He imagines in his own head that I would cheat on him. I love this dude so much but all he does is cause me stress that is not needed,the other snooping is of my phone…and personal belongings. He says I have skeletons in the closet but it is him with the dark past and still messing around till date.I reviewed a testimony on my page about a cyber hacker''hackingloop6@gmail . c o m'' he's also on + 1 712 292-2655,whom i applied for his hacking service,gaining me a remote access to his phone activities blew my imagination.He proposed recently, but how is it possible for us to wed IF HIS CRAZY ASS DOES NOT TRUST ME!? I am coming to the point where I do not think he loves me. How can you not trust someone and in the same sentence you say I LOVE YOU?!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment