"I took a bit of my bluntness from my mum"- Makinde


Oyo State Governor, Engineer Seyi Makinde, on Thursday disclosed that he took a lot from his mother's bluntness and straightforward character.
He made this known at the Holy Communion service held at the Government House Chapel, Agodi, as his mother, Madam Abigail Omojolagbe Makinde turned 80.
While urging parents to train their children for the betterment of society,

Governor Makinde asked them to ensure they give access to formal and informal education to their children so that they can turn out good in the future.
He added that the foundation given to children in terms of training goes a long way in ensuring that they become useful to themselves and the society.
Governor Makinde described his mother as a disciplinarian and blunt woman who says things the way they are, noting that he took a little bit of that from her.
“Actually, while growing up, when I saw other kids being given Christmas presents and I went to my mother to request for mine, she would tell me if I did not receive such presents yesterday, definitely I didn’t deserve them today. So, she is blunt to a fault. She says things the way they are and I think I took a little bit of that", the Governor said.
Speaking further, he said "we were planning a very big event for this 80th birthday but Mama said that should not be. I asked her and she said when my father turned 75, they had a big birthday event for him and he died one year after. So, I think Mama is not ready to die.
"At 80, my mother is actually not growing old but only getting matured. I pray that she will have many more fruitful years on the surface of the earth". 
The service, which was attended by top functionaries of the Oyo State Government featured special prayers for the celebrant, her family, and Oyo State.

Comments