I can’t live with my wife after she lied for eight years about cheating on me


DEAR DEIDRE: MY wife lied to me for eight years about cheating on me. I feel so betrayed.
We have been married for ten years and have a son who’s six. I am 33 and she is 32. I knew she was close to a colleague two years into our marriage but she insisted they never had sex.
I forgave her because I loved her. She was drinking heavily at the time.
She got sober with my help and has been so since.
We bumped into this guy three days ago and I asked her for closure.
She admitted having sex with him once – then confessed it had happened several times. I can’t live with her any more.

DEIDRE SAYS: You only recently learned the truth, so your pain is new and very raw. But eight faithful, sober years together have passed since then and you have your little boy.
Your reaction actually justifies her feeling that she should keep the truth to herself. Far from “closure”, it is salt in the wound.
If only for your son’s sake at first, put the past behind you and focus on the positives. My e-leaflet Cheating – Can You Get Over It? will help you strengthen your marriage.

Credits: Deidre Sanders
The Sun

Comments