Plumbing job led to hot sex with a customer and my girlfriend won’t forgive me

DEAR DEIDRE: I CHEATED on my girlfriend with a customer when I went to fix a leaking pipe and she won’t forgive me.
We’ve been together for eight years and have a five-year-old son together. I’m 33 and my girlfriend is 31.
We’ve been having a few problems, nothing major but sometimes I get the impression that my girlfriend doesn’t love me any more.
I’m a plumber and went to an emergency call one night.

The customer had a leaking pipe in her downstairs loo. She was really pleased to see me as she was worried about the damage the water could be doing.
I sorted the problem out and she was very grateful. It turned out she hasn’t got a partner as she’s divorced. She’s 36.
We got chatting and she was really taking an interest in me and my business.
It made a change as my girlfriend rarely asks me about work.
I was like putty in her hands. We flirted and then we kissed. It was so passionate and then our hands were all over one another. We ended up having awesome sex.
We swapped numbers and began texting regularly.
We met just once more, and again the sex was out of this world. I told her I loved her but I know I didn’t really mean it.
I was just caught up in the lies and deceit. My girlfriend has always been No1 in my life.
My girlfriend found messages on my phone to this other woman and it all came out about what I’d done. My girlfriend went mental and ended our relationship.
She didn’t give me a chance to explain. This happened a month ago.
I know I made a huge mistake and want her back.
But my girlfriend says she doesn’t love me and doesn’t want me in her life. I haven’t seen a huge amount of my son either, which breaks my heart.
I can promise it would never happen again. I just want her back so badly.

DEIDRE SAYS: I am sure you do but your girlfriend has been devastated and the damage is done. She sounds as though her mind is made up.
Even so, it is still worth trying to get her to understand how much you regret what you did. Children benefit if their parents can stay together – as long as they are happily together – so urge your girlfriend to give you a chance if only for the sake of your son to start with.

Credits: The Sun
Deidre Sanders

Comments