I was devastated to have a miscarriage but it’s what my boyfriend wanted all along



DEAR DEIDRE: I WAS thrilled when I got pregnant, even though it wasn’t planned. I was very upset when I miscarried at ten weeks, but it was what my boyfriend wanted all along.
I’d always thought I couldn’t have children, as I have endometriosis. When I found out I was pregnant, my boyfriend said: “Well, at least you know you can have kids after all.”
But then he said: “How do we get a termination?” I’m 21, he’s 23 and we’ve been together for three years.
He’s now said he wonders if he’ll ever want children and I’m wondering if we have a future.

DEIDRE SAYS: I  am sorry you lost the baby – you can find support through the Miscarriage Association (miscarriageassociation.org. uk).
But I am also sorry your boyfriend is so insensitive.
Best move on and use contraception in future until you are sure you want children – and are with someone who does, too.

Credits: The Sun 
Deidre Sanders

Comments