"Only Bad Guys Call Me Lair Mohammed"- Lai Mohammed

Alhaji Lai Mohammed, one of the ministerial nominees from Kwara State, on Tuesday disclosed that he knows most of the names Nigerians call him. Mohammed, who served as the Minister for Information in the last four years had been called "Liar Mohammed" and "Lying Mohammed" by Nigerians at various times. Responding to a question, Mohammed, a lawyer of over three decades said "my name on the CV is correct but I don't believe what they say on social media. They call me all kinds of names. My seven year-old grandson asked me 'why do they call you Liar Mohammed?', I told him they are the bad guys and he should not mind them.   
On what he would do if confirmed, Mohammed said "I pledge to Nigeria that if I am confirmed, I will double my effort". While Senator Ibikunle Amosun moved that Mohammed had his bids which he did well and should be allowed to take a bow and go, Senator Opeyemi Bamidele said "more than anyone, Alhaji Lai Mohammed was on the firing line. He managed a very difficult transition process. As a public servant, he has done well. He managed information for a party and a period of regime change and would not make one look good at the other side. President Muhammadu Buhari saw the need to compensate this man". Senator Mohammed Sani Musa thanked Lai Mohammed for managing the information of the transition in 2015. He said no one would have done it better. 
Mohammed, who was the last of the 43 nominees was eventually allowed to take a bow and exit the chamber. 

Comments