My husband says he will leave me if I don’t sort out my declining libido


DEAR DEIDRE: IF I don’t sort my libido out, my husband says he will leave me.
We are both in our mid-50s and it is a second marriage for both of us.
My libido has been on the decline for a couple of years. I put it down to the menopause and the fact I have had some health issues after being diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes.
My husband hasn’t been at all sympathetic. He just tells me to “get it sorted”, which doesn’t help at all.


DEIDRE SAYS: No, it wouldn’t help – quite the opposite. Has he some lovable qualities? I can’t see how you’re ever going to be happy with someone like this even if you do manage to recover your libido.
The menopause can affect sexual responsiveness but your loss of interest in sex with him may be down to him being so uncaring.
My e-leaflet Love And The Mature Woman can help but is he going to be open to changing himself, too?



Credits: The Sun
Deidre Sanders

Comments