I can’t get pregnant and I think my partner is infertile – should I tell him to get tested?


DEAR DEIDRE: FOR the past three years, my partner and I have been trying for a baby with no luck.
I am 25 and tests have shown I am not infertile. My partner, who is 28, has not been tested. He says he is worried about how I will cope if he has a test and it shows there is a problem with him.
He did agree to make an appointment on one occasion about a year or so ago but they said he was too overweight.

I need to know how to give myself the best possible chance of getting pregnant and my next step if nothing happens.

DEIDRE SAYS: He is hiding from his fear that the reason you have not conceived could be due to his infertility.
He is so anxious, he doesn’t want to know.
This is getting you nowhere. Talk to him about what both of you can do to increase your chances of starting a family.
It sounds as though he needs to tackle his weight – which can only be good for his health. My e-leaflet Want To Have A Baby? will help you both.



Credits: The Sun
Deidre Sanders

Comments