I’ve had oral sex with my new boyfriend but now he’s found out he has HIV


DEAR DEIDRE: MY boyfriend has just found out he’s HIV positive and I am wondering if it is still safe for us to kiss.
He is 22, I am a guy of 18 and we met three weeks ago.
We kissed loads and had oral sex.

I have no cuts or sores in my mouth and, as far as I know, he doesn’t either.
He only heard today he tested positive.
Already I have developed strong feelings for him and do not want this to break us up.
I have no issues with this news but I do not want to catch it.
I do feel anxious because we have kissed and had oral sex.

DEIDRE SAYS: There is no risk of HIV from kissing and very low risk from oral sex.
He may be having a difficult time coming to terms with his diagnosis and looking to you for support.
If you feel he is the right person for you, talk to him about how you feel.
The Terrence Higgins Trust can help you stay safe

Credits: Deidre Sanders
The Sun

Comments