How Buhari, Tinubu, Oshiomole Convinced Me To Form Alliance With APC” – Alao-Akala


At an interactive session with his followers in his house, former Governor Alao-Akala and governorship candidate of the Action Democratic Party, ADP in Oyo State, explained why he stepped down and decided to join forces with the All Progressives Congress. He revealed the connection of the Presidency as well as how Senator Rashidi Ladoja pulled the plug on the alliance that ADP could have been formed with other parties.

“We were discussing how we were going to form an alliance to defeat APC. At the meeting we held on Saturday, we discovered that none of the four parties, APC, ADP, ADC and PDP, can effectively go to the polls and make a success of it alone. We held another meeting on Monday. The meeting was hot; we continued the meeting on Tuesday morning.  We started at 9, adjourned till 2pm and later 6pm. At 6, I got a call that they have been looking for me all about. They said they wanted to talk to me from Abuja”, Alao-Akala said.
He went on that “when I spoke with the person calling from Abuja, it was from the Presidency. They said I should come over, that they were sending a plane to pick me. The airport was already closed but because of that flight, they opened it. I was taken to meet the President. He told me he wanted to discuss the issue of the South West”. The former Governor disclosed that leaders of the South West, Bola Tinubu and Pius Akinyelure were there as well as Comrade Adams Oshiomole and the Vice President, Professor Yemi Osinbajo.
Continuing, Otunba Alao-Akala said “they took me to a house. I have never been to that part of Abuja before. They told me the South West is very important and that they want Oyo State and they have seen that if they don’t get my cooperation, it might be impossible. They said they want their party to win the governorship and they want me to cooperate with them. It was a lengthy discussion.  We decided to continue the discussion in Lagos. I went to Lagos last night and we agreed on how to work. I told them that if they want me to step down, I can but my followers who are honourables will not step down. I told them I would step down and work with them but my followers will contest on the platform of ADP. I have addressed all the ADP assembly candidates in Ibadan. That was what they called me for.
But on Saturday we will vote for our House of Assembly candidates in ADP but for governorship, we will vote for Adelabu. I told them our demands; paramount among them is that we want to take LAUTECH. I also reminded them about the Oyo-Ogbomoso Road. By God’s grace, APC has been unable to campaign in Ogbomoso. They said they want to come, I said they should. You know they have not been able to come to Ogbomoso to campaign. They are afraid of us. I said we will open the gate for them. Should we open the gate for them?” The supporters chorused that the gates should be opened to allow them in.  
“Thank God, I am not the only one in Oyo State, yet they sent a plane to pick me. The same plane brought me back. They didn’t send for Ladoja, they didn’t send for any other person. That means one has to be careful not to kick the ball against the referee. If you play against the referee, he will award a penalty against you and you might get a red card. I thank you for your cooperation.
Some people don’t understand, they are misinforming the populace. At my age, there is nothing I want. I am fulfilled, what I want is for people to be happy. There is something I want to tell you; myself, ADP, ADC, Zenith Labour Party had a meeting and I didn’t allow that meeting to stop because I knew what Ladoja was capable of. We had that meeting yesterday evening, Ladoja told me to forget that I can ever become Governor because I am not from Ibadan. Thank God they had sent for me from Abuja. I told him that I am happy that people at the federal level do not see Ibadan as the only city in Oyo State. I told him that despite being a non-Ibadan, they sent for me from Abuja. You see, it is like being called a bastard by someone and being called a legitimate child by another person. And I will follow the person that values my legitimacy.
People who lack understanding say he wants to sell us, he is greedy. What else do I want? I didn’t rent any of the cars in my premises; I cannot sleep in two rooms at the same time. I have houses in Ogbomoso, I am not even sleeping there. What we are doing is for the future of our children. When someone is saying a non-Ibadan cannot become Governor. If we don’t stop it now, what becomes of our children? I am not after money. What I want is a good life for you.
Now, I know that I have to be careful, God forbid that my life be lost in the process. People who don’t know what is happening are the ones saying rubbish on social media. I thank you very much. On Saturday, we will vote for all our honourables. The money you need to work will be provided for you”.

Comments