Police Arrest Bhadmus Akeem, Whisk Him to Akure For Writing About Ondo School!


Social media strategist, Vice Chairperson of Digital Media Practitioners of Nigeria and author with InfoNg, Bhadmus Akeem, was arrested in Ibadan on Wednesday and taken to Akure, Ondo State. He took to his twitter handle to explain the circumstances surrounding his arrest. Bhadmus linked his arrest to something he wrote on social media about a Cornerstone Schools, Arigidi Akoko, Ondo State.

Bhadmus tweeted that he received a call from his wife at the gate of the University of Ibadan after which he was arrested and moved to Akure.
Bhadoosky's grouse was that some students who did not pay N 5,000 for a parting gift for the school were allegedly listed in the graduation programme as debtors; thereby embarrassing them and their parents. 
Below are the accounts from his tweets:
"So my wife called me some minutes ago to meet her at UI gate without stating reason. On getting there, I found out that she was with some officers of the @PoliceNG from Agodi Gate Area Command.
"They have asked me to follow them to their station and I’m doing that currently. They also said they could not disclose the reason to me and that i will find out when I get to their station.
I’m driving down to the station with two men of @PoliceNG and my wife in the car.
It’s now Mokola station and not Agodi again.
It has been updated to Akure, Ondo state.
So now we are going to Akure with 5 @PoliceNG. I’m sure y’all remember the school issue I posted some months back.
Ever since i did this tread, the people of the school with Oba Arigidi have been using the police to Harrass my friend who gave me the info. She is lady in Akure. She was arrested and was detained for days until the ASUU in FUTA came in.
She was alleged to *Be treatening & harassing the school admin on phone*. She said she never did that. This is the same allegation they are leveling against me. I am being transported to Akure without allowing my Lawyer to come before leaving".
I am being taken to *Anti-Kidnapping office, governors office, Akure*.

As a law abiding citizen of this country, I’ll plead that we do things gently. I appreciate you all".

When The Anchor Online called Mr. Austin Duyi, the school’s administrator to hear the school’s side of the story, his line was switched off.

Comments